Go Software Engineer (Golang)
Why is PowerChord looking for a top-notch Engineer?
PowerChord’s SaaS platform helps manufacturers and franchises grow online engagement and in-store sales through their retail networks. Working with leading brands around the world, we’ve combined years of industry expertise with advanced technology to provide easy-to-use, scalable tools that help independent retailers and franchisees compete against large, online retailers.
PowerChord is expanding its Product and Engineering teams to launch a new Digital Marketing Platform. This SaaS platform is focused on automating every aspect of digital marketing for multi-location businesses so each location has personalized targeting, messaging and performance metrics.
Why is a Software Engineer important at PowerChord?
As a Software Engineer, you’ll have ownership and responsibility over technical architecture, implementation, and maintenance of our platform and products.
Working at PowerChord won’t be boring! You will have the opportunity to advocate for and learn new techniques and technologies in the pursuit of high quality, reliable systems. You will be asked to consistently improve the way we work as we strive to achieve optimal velocity and frequently ship software you are proud of and that reliably solves problems for our clients.
At PowerChord, you can be a part of something new, and big. You won’t be asked to lead the maintenance of legacy systems. We’re working exclusively on new problems and new products. You can make a significant impact at PowerChord while enjoying a flexible work schedule.
What are examples of work that the Go Software Engineer does at PowerChord?
- Writes Go, writes more Go, and then enjoys writing even more Go
- Loves tackling complex problems in distributed computing, fault tolerant storage, distributed queuing, and more
- Builds high quality, well-designed, and scalable SaaS platforms
- Works with Go, Docker, Kubernetes, and other new stack technologies
- Is accountable for the quality of the products and features
- Participates in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- Collaborates across the company to define, design, build, and improve our products
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Hands on development experiencing scaling complex systems
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and techniques such as Continuous Integration and Deployment, virtual machines, containers, and cloud hosting services such as Google Cloud
- Production experience with Go (golang) or a strong desire to use Go
- Experience building REST APIs
- Ability to effectively mentor team members and exchange ideas
- Several years of experience successfully applying the skills we are looking for
Skills that would be nice to have:
- Experience building non-REST APIs such as GraphQL
- Experience with Node JS
- Experience with SCSS, CSS, HTML5, Websockets, and other browser technologies
Working at PowerChord
- We hire talented people so you won’t be micromanaged
- Competitive compensation including simple IRA with 3% company match
- 14 days of vacation your first year – woo hoo! + 2 additional days each year after that (22 max)
- Health is important – we carry a variety of plans to meet your needs and budget
- Unlimited coffee, cold beverages & snacks
- Dress for success in your own personal style - shorts and flip flops will do
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
For more information please visit our website www.powerchord.com
PowerChord is an equal opportunity employer. Must be legally eligible to be employed in the United States without sponsorship/transfer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.