Devops Engineer (Golang)
Powerchord is seeking a DevOps unicorn to help us deliver scalable, repeatable, rock solid services that support the management of the thousands of sites we generate for our clients.
Why is PowerChord looking for a top-notch Devops Engineer?
PowerChord’s SaaS platform helps manufacturers and franchises grow online engagement and in-store sales through their retail networks. Working with leading brands around the world, we’ve combined years of industry expertise with advanced technology to provide easy-to-use, scalable tools that help independent retailers and franchisees compete against large, online retailers.
As our platform expands, we need folks that understand that scalable performance can only be achieved via automation of infrastructure, deployments, and feel that telemetry must be treated as a first class citizen.
Why is a Devops Engineer important at PowerChord?
As a Devops Engineer, you’ll have ownership and responsibility over infrastructure architecture, deployments, and resiliancy of our platform and products.
Working at PowerChord won’t be boring! You will have the opportunity to advocate for and learn new techniques and technologies in the pursuit of high quality, reliable systems. You will be asked to consistently improve the way we work as we strive to achieve optimal velocity and frequently ship software you are proud of and that reliably solves problems for our clients.
At PowerChord, you can be a part of something new, and big. You won’t be asked to lead the maintenance of legacy systems. We’re working exclusively on new problems and new products. You can make a significant impact at PowerChord while enjoying a flexible work schedule. Work from home options available.
The following are some examples of skills that are relevant to us:
- Strong experience in at least one of these things: GCP, Kubernetes, AWS, or Terraform
- A good amount of empathy for our customers and our engineering team responsible for developing the product
- A self-starter; you find an opportunity to help and make it happen
- Strong communication skills, both inward and outward
- You've built CI/CD pipelines before, and know what not to do
- Knowledge of Docker and container orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes, Mesos, or Swarm
- Easily convey complex technical solutions to leadership and decision makers
- You're a Golang fan, like us
- Writes Go, writes more Go, and then enjoys writing even more Go
- Loves tackling complex problems in distributed computing, fault tolerant storage, distributed queuing, and more
Working at PowerChord
- We hire talented people so you won’t be micromanaged
- Competitive compensation including simple IRA with 3% company match
- 14 days of vacation your first year – woo hoo! + 2 additional days each year after that (22 max)
- Health is important – we carry a variety of plans to meet your needs and budget
- Unlimited coffee, cold beverages & snacks
- Dress for success in your own personal style - shorts and flip flops will do
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
For more information please visit our website www.powerchord.com
PowerChord is an equal opportunity employer. Must be legally eligible to be employed in the United States without sponsorship/transfer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.