Why is the Staff Accountant role important at PowerChord?
PowerChord's multi-location customer-engagement SaaS platform creates a universal online brand experience with consistent content, data and messaging — optimized at each touch point along the customer journey. Our integrated suite of products and services transforms our customer's global brand strategy into local interaction and connects their brand to consumers on a more personal level.
We are searching for a talented Staff Accountant to join our growing team. You will use your prior experiences in Accounts Payable to help grow and support the missions and goals of the Finance Department.
What are examples of work that the Staff Accountant is responsible for at PowerChord?
- Manage full cycle Accounts Payable
- Manage company Travel and Expense Program using Concur software
- Conduct internal audits of high volume accounts with inter-department dependencies
- Classify and record accruals and prepaid expenses correctly, reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
- Assist with month end reporting and annual financial audit
- Assist with departmental reporting including budget responsibilities, labor analysis and payroll JEs
- Process 1099s, oversee tax requirements by state, manage fixed assets schedules
- Develop best practices and communicate these to internal parties
- Participate in specific projects as required
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be highly self-motivated, well organized and have strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Have the ability the ability to work independently and set priorities
- 3+ years of full cycle Accounts Payable experience
- Associate degree in business or accounting required
- Have the ability to design and maintain spreadsheets in Excel
- Experience using QuickBooks Enterprise or similar financial software
- Knowledge of accounting principles, terms and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office product suites, with emphasis on Excel
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide mathematical figures
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness
Working at PowerChord:
- We hire talented people so you won’t be micromanaged
- Competitive compensation including simple IRA with 3% company match
- 14 days of vacation your first year – woo hoo!
- Health is important – we carry a variety of plans to meet your needs and budget
- Catered company lunch & learns (informative, yet comical and employee presented)
- Unlimited coffee, cold beverages & snacks
- Dress for success in your own personal style - shorts and flip flops will do
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…
For more information please visit our website.
PowerChord is an equal opportunity employer. Must be legally eligible to be employed in the United States without sponsorship/transfer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.