Why is an Senior Staff Accountant important at PowerChord?
PowerChord's multi-location customer-engagement SaaS platform creates a universal online brand experience with consistent content, data and messaging — optimized at each touch point along the customer journey. Our integrated suite of products and services transforms our customer's global brand strategy into local interaction and connects their brand to consumers on a more personal level.
We are searching for a talented Senior Accountant to join our growing team. You will use your prior experiences to help grow and support the missions and goals of the Finance Department. We are looking for an individual comfortable with a variety of technologies and the ability to pivot between priorities and further develop or define processes.
What are examples of work that the Senior Accountant does at PowerChord?
- Oversee month-end-close checklist to ensure accurate and timely completion per the month-end close schedule; report roadblocks, support department in all required processes, including but not limited to: enter/review/correct/post monthly journal entries, analyze, reconcile and review general ledger accounts, record capital expenditures, review trial balance and financials statements to budget and prior periods along with variance analysis for Controller review meetings.
- Act as back up for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable team.
- Assist Controller in various internal management reports including but not limited to: service/product profitability reports, R&D credit schedules, and department budget reviews.
- Review, redesign and/or identify additions or deletions to accounts in the general ledger to ensure that the information reported properly reflects the company’s financial position.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all accounting related software applications; work with team to develop SOPs and advanced knowledge of program utilization.
- Lead ad-hoc projects to improve the accuracy of the financial statements and create a more efficient and collaborative environment. Projects could include but are not limited to implementing AP automation, assisting with new ERP conversions, fixed asset management, and creating processes and policies for other teams to follow.
- Maintain accounting controls, adhere to policies and recommend operational improvements, assist in annual financial audit and ad-hoc internal reviews.
- Assist the Controller in collection, preparation and reporting of annual and monthly budget data and associated reports.
- Work with Controller to build strategic initiatives and implement processes to increase accounting operation productivity; accomplish Finance Department and Company mission by preparing, implementing and completing action plans.
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
- Protect organization by keeping information confidential
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be highly self-motivated with a consistent positive mindset
- Be well organized with strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while being flexible and professional
- Have the ability to work independently, motivate others, and set priorities
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 5+ years of accounting experience required
- Software as a service (SaaS) industry highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles, terms, and processes
- Experience developing budgets and tracking budget expenses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office product suites, with more advanced skills required in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research, and process improvement skills
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness
- Technical know-how, experience with the following tools a plus: Google Suite, Concur, Confluence, SalesForce, Quickbooks, and/or SmartSheets
Working at PowerChord:
- We hire talented people so you won’t be micromanaged
- Competitive compensation including simple IRA with 3% company match
- 14 days of vacation your first year – woo hoo! + 2 additional days each year after that (22 max)
- Health is important – we carry a variety of plans to meet your needs and budget
- 2 weeks full paid Family Leave for birth or adoption of new child (mother or father), in addition to Short Term Disability where applicable, and FMLA compliant
- Unlimited coffee, cold beverages & snacks
- Dress for success in your own personal style - shorts and flip flops will do
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
For more information please visit our website.
PowerChord is an equal opportunity employer. Must be legally eligible to be employed in the United States without sponsorship/transfer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.