Senior QA Automation Engineer - Great work/life balance, killer location
Why is a Senior QA Automation Engineer important at PowerChord?
PowerChord is seeking a local candidate for Lead QA Automation Engineer to be a part of a tight-knit team, in a killer location, and have an awesome work/life balance. You'll play a critical role in our Quality Assurance process by taking ownership of the test strategy and plans, working with stakeholders to achieve our required quality standards while continually measuring and adjusting the effectiveness of that strategy.
- Work with stakeholders to define and update test strategies that account for both automated (functional, negative, regression, and end-to-end testing) and manual testing
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis for all testing activities to measure effectiveness of the testing strategy
- Participate in cross-team Example Mapping sessions to help define and understand product features to be able to create clear Test Plans that verify business requirements
- Write automated checks using Gherkin and Selenium to verify business requirements
- Perform manual testing where needed
- Work with engineering team to integrate test suite into builds for CI/CD
- Mentor other Quality Engineers
PowerChord's multi-location customer-engagement SaaS platform creates a universal online brand experience with consistent content, data and messaging — optimized at each touch point along the customer journey. Our integrated suite of products and services transforms our customer's global brand strategy into local interaction and connects their brand to consumers on a more personal level.
- 5+ years experience creating automated test scripts
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies
- Experience working with a team using Agile methodologies (Kanban or Scrum)
- Experience working with and testing API / Restful services
- Experience testing cloud based (AWS) distributed applications
- Experience with SQL / NoSQL databases
- An understanding of automation design patterns and software testing principles and methodologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Be open-minded, flexible, and have a pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Local candidates or willing to relocate only
Working at PowerChord:
- We hire talented people so you won’t be micromanaged
- Competitive compensation including simple IRA with 3% company match
- 14 days of vacation your first year – woo hoo! + 2 additional days each year after that (22 max)
- Health is important – we carry a variety of plans to meet your needs and budget
- Unlimited coffee, cold beverages & snacks
- Dress for success in your own personal style - shorts and flip flops will do
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…
For more information please visit our website.
PowerChord is an equal opportunity employer. Must be legally eligible to be employed in the United States without sponsorship/transfer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.